Today I watched a 6 month old in addition to my two kiddos. It was a great day but I am pretty darn tired tonight. I'm hoping to write more about this later. It sure was fun to see Audrey with a baby in the house and Emily was so excited to have another baby to play with. Soon, I will be watching this baby on a daily basis. I hope it always goes as well as today did!
Audrey will be 10 months old on Monday (day after my birthday, wheeee). She's been up to so much lately. My brain is mushy so I can't get it all out in type. I'll just share some recent pictures with you. Jeremy bought some Lincoln Logs during his lunch break to surprise Emily. Audrey was just as happy with them...
Thinking of what to build first...
Still thinking, btw, these taste fabulous...
Pretty much giving up the idea of creating anything. I find it funny that Audrey's favorite stuffed animal is a monkey because well, you know, she looks like one...
A friend of mine recently told me of her frustration with a Children's Place mailer she just received. Apparently it was full of pictures of young girls with outrageous hairdos and gobs of make up on. Much like the adult models we are subjected to daily. The same catalog is on the Children's Place website for viewing. If you have the time could you view their website? If you have even more time could you contact them via the website and let them know if you think this is appropriate or not?
I'm tired of young girls being depicted as adults. Honestly, it scares me more than it angers me.
This morning started out great when Jeremy called me out of the blue, on his way to work, just to tell me that he thinks I'm "HOT". I am so NOT hot right now but he says he thinks I am so I'll take it!
The morning got even better as I'm watching Emily feed Audrey like a little birdy with bits of her toast.
Audrey is just about all better. Just a little bit of runny mocos every once in a while. She's been such a funny bug lately. It's almost impossible to get a pic of anything but her profile. Everything else around her is far more interesting than my camera. She's starting to get into more and more. Almost pulling herself up on the couch and other things. She loves to "wrestle" Emily. Emily will lay on the ground and let AC crawl all over her. She scratches and pulls hair but Emily just laughs and laughs. Couple of nutty girls.
Emily's school had a Round Up Fundraiser last week. On Thursday her class dressed up and did a bunch of western themed activities. This was a pic I took before we went to school...
I've been really busy with the girls. Jeremy has been really busy with work. I'm hoping by the end of the month Jeremy will be home more and I can write about fun family things that we have been up to. Right now none of that is happening. Audrey has had a cold for the past few days. No teeth showed up, BOO.
I've been kind of blue lately. My energy level has been pretty low and I'm not able to do as much as I normally do. The house is getting more and more cluttered which doesn't help my mood any either. I'm hoping to have an upswing SOON.
Audrey's having a rought time over here. Did I mention that she is now 9 months old? Can you believe it? Well, she's yet to break a tooth but I think the time is coming soon. I can't tell if she is dealing with a cold or if she is teething but she's a big wet mess in the face area. Her nose is a fountain of goo and her mouth is drip, drip, dripping constantly. For the first time since AC was 6 weeks old she had a night waking last night. I take the blame for that though. I thought she would like a blanket so I put one on her before going to bed and when she woke up it freaked her out, oops. I got her back to sleep but she wimpered the night away. Saddest thing I've ever heard.
This morning she seems to be in good spirits but is still drippy. Her gums look awful swollen, but that isn't anything unusual. I think that's just how they look at this point.
Anyhow, that is a day in the life of Miss Audrey Claire. I feel that I should list what she's been up to in her 9th month.
- Is now eating lots of table food with gusto and snubs her nose at most pureed foods. She gums her way through every meal.
- Is still doing the army crawl, but takes a few inches on all fours when beginning her crawl.
- Has figured out how to get into a sitting position.
- Has learned that she can pull herself up, but only goes as far as her knees. I don't know if she knows she can get to her feet. Occasionally she teeters backwards and falls straight back. That is always sad.
- Likes to say "mamamamama" a lot, with her tongue sticking out. I've been trying to get it on video but she doesn't like the camera on her and clams up.
- At her 9 month well check she weighed in at 17 lbs 9 oz. and was 27.5 inches long. She's much smaller than Emily at the same age. I think she's about 4 lbs. lighter than Emily was at 9 months. I'll have to get some pictures out to compare.
- Seems to finally be over stranger anxiety and gives big smiles when people say hello to her. Audrey also shocked me the other day when she "waved" (hand opening and closing) bye bye to a sweet old lady who stopped to play peek a boo with her while we were having lunch out with Jeremy. She also waves bye bye to her food when she's done eating.
That's pretty much everything I can think of for now.
I'm now 9 weeks pregnant and some days I feel pretty good, while others, not so good.